Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Who-Dat Nation in Collapse

As much as I love reading blogs, expert predictions and analysis, listening to sports radio, yada yada, I may now have to take do a sports-related version of a Carthusian monk vow.
Say what? Lucy, let me splain.
First some history:
Squirreled away in the French Alps, the monks of the Carthusian Order are considered by some to be the strictest order of the Roman Catholic Church. They don't eat meat, they don't sleep in intervals longer than three hours and they speak only when the work necessitates it.
My Saints-fan version of these vows: no King Cake, sleep as long as I want, and speak to only rational, informed people who have proper perspective of the Saints 13-3 season.
No question, my beloved Saints have hit a rough spot in the last 4 games.
I won't rehash my disbelief at fans reaction to the Saints late-season malaise. Been there, done that: http://marconsworld.blogspot.com/2009/12/13-2-saints-team-with-2-13-saints-fans.html
But the overwhelming tsnaumi of negative vibes about the Saints' playoff chances is hard to fathom. It's so bad, I joked with a friend today that I wouldn't be suprised if some people voted to vacate the Saints 13 wins!
Reality is that this is a new season, a season of complete hope and faith.
Every team is 0-0, but only one team won 13 games to get the #1 seed. (Hint to all the naysayers: this team would be the Saints.)
Rest and time to prepare will result in a Saints win come Jan.16.
Just ask Vegas: they say the Saints are still the favorite to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. (5-2 odds if you're wondering.)
And Vegas experts have something sorely lacking from the talking sports heads and sky-is-falling Who Dats: professional perspective.
My money is on the Saints.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Just wanted to show my appreciation for your time and hard work