Thursday, February 4, 2010

WHO DAT! WE DAT! WHERE YA GONNA BE AT???

Getting pumped!Ready to join the Who Dat Nation invasion, as we and New Orleans Saints take Superbowl XXIV!
Brees jersey, black n gold face paint, beads, second line umbrella... we be ready!
Denise and I flying out tomorrow 10:50 a.m. American Airlines, flight 2688. arriving Fort Lauderdale at 1:30 p.m.!
Staying at Courtyard Marriott Aventurra Fort Lauderdale.
I've been surfing web, checking out WWL radio and TV sites, nola.com, and anywhere else I can think of.. Very surprised that none of these "major" media outlets have organized a centralized gathering of info for Who Dats to know where to go, what to do, NFL activities, etc. (Or should I be surprised at their lack of effort?)
Have had to turn my radio dial counterclockwise ever since Vikings win.. the national media bias for the Colts is unbearable.
If I listened to all the shows, I would be eating my non-refundable plane tickets, selling my tickets, cancelling my Miami hotel and rental car. Why go? Every national analyst says Saints don't have a chance.
Bet you didn't know:
Peyton Manning is second to only God?
The Saints defense has no prayer of stopping the Colts offense? (And I thought the official stats show the Saints offense was #1 in total offense and # 1 in scoring...and that Brees had more TDs than Peyton this year.... )
The Saints pass rush is dirty and takes cheap shots on QBs?(but isn't the object to hit the QB? silly me.. )
Even without their best defensive player, Freeney, the Colts D is better than the Saints D (which was 2nd in NFL in takeaways..)?
The real NFC championship was Vikes vs. Cowboys?

As Tim Brando of CBS said, the bias is from lazy reporting and geography.
Lazy because the reporters only go by what they see on TV.
And what they see on TV is what the big boy media types (producers, on-air, etc..) are all located in Northeast of country, and all graduated and lived in Northeast.

Well gotta go now. Time to get crunk.

No comments: