Monday, October 29, 2007

Brain of Frankenstein

Here's the beginning of a blog I started months ago... ironic how this story changed....

Walking along distracted, I look up and suddenly - bam! - I run face first into a brick wall.
The next day, I'm walking along that same stretch, and with bandage fresh on my nose, I remember that wall and steer clear of it.
So I now ask: you're an athlete, already on double-secret probation, and know nothing good happens at a bar past midnight...Why would you possibly put yourself in that position?
Go ahead athlete boy run into that wall again and see how it feels.
Just read where Ryan Perrilloux and a backup LB Odom for LSU's football Tigers were suspended for being involved in a bar fight (red flag #1) at 2 a.m. (huge red flag #2).
Both guys were already walking on very thin ice, both being suspended early in the season (Odom for bashing another person's car).
Yes, Mr. Odom and Mr. Perrilloux that is a brick wall but feel free to run head first into it again.
Us folks with common sense scratch our heads, and with way too much logic ask, "Why not avoid such a time as this?"

Fast forward to May 21, 2008:
Perriloux just kept walking into that wall.
Miles, head bruised from banging head against wall, said enough is enough.

Again I ask, why do these athletes keep running headfirst into that immovable wall!?

No comments: